Sustainability is very important to us. We continually strive to elevate our relationships with ecologically viable solutions provided for a restaurant of our size.
- We use Alpine Waste Management. Alpine has adapted its recycling programs over the years to be very user friendly for businesses like ours. This enables us to recycle considerably more of our waste.
- Our fryer oil is picked up regularly by RecycOil, out of Boulder Colorado. RecycOil takes our waste oil and re-purposes it into bio-diesel.
- We will be using the Dyson Air Blades hand dryer systems which cost up to 69% less to run than other hand dryers per year, and up to 97% less than paper towels. They also produce up to 72% less CO2 than some other hand dryers and up to 68% less than recycled paper towels.
- All of our locations use CFL lighting. Lighting accounts for close to 20% of the average electric bill. CFL lighting uses up to 75% less electricity than incandescent light bulbs and last up to 10x longer.
- All of our to-go packaging is recyclable or compostable.
Our kitchen prizes local sustainability and emboldens the importance of a limited ecological footprint. Some of the highlights include:
- During spring, summer & fall our community outreach is at its peak. We engage with & promote our local farmers in order to spread the local, joyful spirit by hosting events with local purveyors to our customers.
- ViewHouse proudly uses ‘Never Ever’ products & labels these healthier choice items on our menus (Premium products with no antibiotics, no growth hormones or no animal by-products). Organically sourced when possible, local when available & always fresh.
- While it is very difficult for most local farmers and ranchers to keep up with our high volume, we do try to use local products & produce as much as possible for our events or in special menu items.
- Our produce supplier Fresh Point, supplies us with local produce whenever available.
- The majority of the meat used at Viewhouse is local from Frontiere Nature Meats, Red Bird Farms Chicken, Continental Sausage, Polidori Sausage, Tender Belly Bacon & Colorado Catch Bass. Any meat we order from Sysco comes from sustainable farms and ranches, such as Niman Ranch and Heritage Farms.
- Other local purveyors we support include: custom Corned Beef, Mady’s Mustard, ViewHouse Custom-Made Elevation Ketchup, Hazel Dell Farms, Haystack Goat Cheese, Morning Fresh, Fagerberg Farms, Milberger Farms, Brightwater Farms, Aspen Baking CO., Elevation Coffee, Celestial Seasonings Tea & Savory Spice.
- Our seafood supplier, Colorado Catch, does not sell un-sustainable fish and always keeps our chefs informed of seasonal fish buys.